To update my previous post (here), I have done a little more work on the Tablet mounting. I purchased a nice hard snap-on cover for the tablet:
Then I glued it into place using a large L-bracket and some high-quality adhesive.
Here’s how it looks from the Front:
Note: I did have to grind back some more plastic in the mounting bracket to allow the tablet cover to sit as close to flush as possible.
Then, I just put it back in the dash like it was before. Here’s a shot of it holding the tablet nice a snug in the car. Now I’m just waiting for the Double-Din Bezel I ordered from Germany. (I broke down and ordered it since I wasn’t happy with the way my homemade one turned out.)